Can you spot a trend, see an outlier, and critique an analysis?
Do you love working with data and people?
Do you have a 1st class honours in a quantitative subject? Looking to start your consultancy career? Then Data Reply is the place for you!
Data Reply UK is a young company of Data specialists with big ambitions: we turn our client?s data into a competitive edge. We do this by applying a range of techniques so that our clients can make better, data-driven decisions.
The work we do touches a wide range of topics - data can be big or small; solutions can be bespoke or configured; engagements can last weeks or months. The common thread throughout is HOW we work:
- We are technically focused, not generalists;
- We show genuine interest in our clients and passion in solving their problems;
- We act as impartial advisors recommending what is best in the context;
- We are always learning, irrespective of role, experience or seniority.
We have an enviable client list, and our focus is on the UK market. While your primary base will be our London office, you should expect some travel.
As a Graduate Data Analyst with Data Reply you will:
- Build your expertise by actively contributing to live consulting engagements;
- Listen to, understand and interpret a brief;
- Pre-process data for analysis (collate, clean, filter, reshape, enrich, etc);
- Employ exploratory analysis techniques to arrive at good answers faster;
- Use statistical / technical knowledge and domain understanding to arrive at sensible conclusions and to highlight major assumptions;
- Efficiently communicate progress and persuasively present findings to relevant stakeholders;
- Research industry developments and share knowledge with your colleagues;
- Receive appropriate training and advice in accordance with client needs.
As you gain expertise, you will be encouraged to develop specialisms ? most likely this will be extending your skills as a client-facing Analyst, getting deeper into quantitative techniques as a junior Data Scientist, or helping clients with some of the hardest Big Data Engineering problems.
What are we looking for?
- Talented graduates with a minimum First Class BSc Hons Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Maths, Physics or Engineering;
- A solid foundation in statistical inference and general statistical principles;
- An instinctively methodical, logical approach to problem solving;
- Some familiarity with SQL;
- Some familiarity with 'front end' visualisation software such as Tableau or QlikView;
- The ability to articulate complex concepts cogently;
- Good inter-personal skills;
- VERY strong analytical, reporting and presentational skills;
- A voracious appetite to learn;
- Someone that welcomes new responsibilities and puts the team before the individual;
- Someone that is independent, assuming responsibilities without being asked;
- Someone that is intellectually curious;
- A self-starter who is ambitious;
- A global horizon / multi-cultural outlook.
It could help your application if you can also demonstrate any of the following, although they are not requirements:
- Experience of applying machine learning;
- Experience of working with very large data sets;
- Experience of distributed computing (e.g. Hadoop cluster);
- Coding skills - particularly if they are relevant to Data Manipulation and Analysis (such as Scala, Python, R);
- Experience with Map Reduce and/or Apache Spark;
- Experience of NoSQL databases.
There will also be great opportunities for quick personal and professional growth for the right candidate.