About PA Consulting
PA Consulting are experts in automotive and consumer goods, defence & security, energy, financial services, government & public services, life sciences, telecommunications as well as transport & logistics. In addition to working with the world's leading commercial organisations, it helps governments deliver services more efficiently and regulators improve consumer markets.
What to expect
- Analysts are the entry-level consulting positions and are recruited for vacancies in a range of practice areas each year.
- Typical activities undertaken by an analyst include:
- Gathering and manipulating information
- Presenting conclusions to the rest of the team
- Managing project plans
- Assessing risks
- Documenting client requirements
- Within your first few weeks of joining, you will participate in an intensive residential training programme, at which you will join other new Analysts from practices and offices around the world.
- This programme is designed to instill a deep understanding of the company's culture and values, giving you a grounding in consulting and providing the knowledge you need to become a successful Analyst.
- The programme will also help you begin to develop the practical skills needed for working with clients on assignment.
- Your performance will be formally reviewed twice yearly by your line manager, and you also have a review with your assignment manager at the end of every project.
What does the future hold?
As you develop your skills and move up the ranks, you could find yourself leading a major change programme for a FTSE 100 company or working in a foreign country designing IT strategies for government. You could even become a recognised industry expert in your field.